Till Payments is a rapidly-growing Australian fintech startup that specialises in providing payment solutions to businesses of all sizes. Founded in 2012 by Shadi Haddad, Till Payments has quickly become a player in the Australian payments market, and is poised for further expansion both domestically and abroad.
They offer a range of payment options, including in-store, online, and mobile payments, and their platform is designed to integrate seamlessly with a wide range of business software and tools. They also offer a range of value-added services, including fraud prevention and chargeback protection, which help to further enhance the security and reliability of their payment solutions.
The company has seen significant growth since its founding, and has already established a strong presence in the Australian payments market. In addition to serving businesses of all sizes within Australia, Till Payments has also expanded into the New Zealand market, and has plans to continue expanding its international presence in the coming years.
Overall, Till Payments is a company that is well-positioned for continued growth and success in the years ahead. With its commitment to innovation, customer service, and personalised payment solutions, Till Payments is poised to become a major player in the global payments market.
There are a number of other Fintech startups that are focused specifically on providing payment solutions to businesses. Some of the notable players in this space include:
Pin Payments: Pin Payments is a Melbourne-based startup that provides a range of payment solutions to businesses. Their platform is designed to be easy to use and integrate with a wide range of business software and tools.
Zai: Zai is a payments company that provides a range of payment solutions to businesses, including online payments, marketplace payments, and invoicing solutions. Their platform is designed to be flexible and scalable, making it suitable for businesses of all sizes.
PayDock: Paydock is a payments platform that allows businesses to manage multiple payment gateways through a single API. This can help businesses to simplify their payment processing and reduce costs.
While each of these companies offers slightly different payment solutions and services compared to Till Payments, they are all competitors in the broader Australian payments market. As the payments space continues to evolve and mature, it will be interesting to see how these companies and others continue to compete and differentiate themselves from one another.
Till Payments has successfully raised $142.2M in total funding over 4 rounds. Their latest funding round was a Series D, raising A$70M from Silva Fortune. The funding rounds are listed below:
- Series D – March 7, 2023: Till Payments raised A$70M from Silva Fortune.
- Series C – November 5, 2021: Till Payments raised A$15M, with no lead investor announced.
- Series C – September 30, 2021: Till Payments raised A$110M with participation from four investors.
- Series A – March 4, 2019: Till Payments raised $5M from Versatile Group.
Till Payments has received funding from 7 investors to date, with Silva Fortune and Touch Ventures being the most recent ones. Two lead investors have also been involved. The investors who participated in the most funding rounds are:
- Silva Fortune: Lead investor in the Series D funding round.
- Versatile Group: Lead investor in the Series A funding round.
Till Payments has made 1 acquisition, with Ziosk Integrated Payment Services being acquired on January 27, 2022. The details of the acquisition are:
- Acquiree Name: Ziosk Integrated Payment Services
- Announced Date: January 27, 2022
- Price: Not disclosed
- Transaction Name: Ziosk Integrated Payment Services acquired by Till Payments.
Here are some examples of larger fintech startups in the payments space and their funding history:
Square: Square, a payments and financial services company, has raised over $601.2 million in funding across multiple rounds since its founding in 2009. The company went public in 2015 and has since expanded its offerings to include point-of-sale hardware and software, peer-to-peer payments, and other financial services.
Stripe: Stripe, a payments infrastructure company, has raised over $2.2 billion in funding across multiple rounds since its founding in 2010. The company’s platform enables businesses to accept and manage payments online and provides a range of tools for managing their financial operations.
Adyen: Adyen, a payments platform, has raised over $266 million in funding across multiple rounds since its founding in 2006. The company’s platform provides businesses with a range of payment solutions, including in-store, online, and mobile payments, as well as fraud detection and prevention tools.
Compared to these examples, Till Payments’ funding rounds are relatively modest in size. However, Till Payments is a relatively young company that has achieved significant growth and market traction in a short period of time.
Shadi Haddad is the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Till Payments, a technology company focused on developing and delivering innovative payment solutions to businesses. With over a decade of experience in the technology and payments sector, Haddad is a seasoned entrepreneur and executive with a proven track record in business development, strategy, and execution.
Haddad’s background in start-up operations spans developed and emerging markets, making him a versatile and adaptive leader. He is also a strategic technology and policy advisor, with a strong background in blockchain technology.
In addition to his work at Till Payments, Haddad is a fellow of Blockchain Australia, an industry body representing blockchain technology in Australia, and he is passionate about the potential of blockchain to drive innovation and transformation across industries.
Haddad holds a Computer Science degree from Macquarie University and a certificate in Oxford Blockchain Strategy from the Saïd Business School, University of Oxford. He is a proud husband and father of three children.
Till Payments’ team also includes a number of other experienced payments and fintech professionals, including developers, product managers, and customer support staff. According to their LinkedIn page, the company has around 70 employees as of March 2023, and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Till Payments has secured funding from a variety of investors, including venture capital firms, private equity firms, banks, and other strategic investors. Here is a list of some of Till Payments’ key investors and the companies they represent:
- Silva Fortune: Silva Fortune is a private investment firm founded in 2006 that invests in a variety of sectors, including technology, healthcare, and real estate. Based in Sydney, Australia, the firm aims to partner with visionary entrepreneurs and management teams to help build sustainable and successful businesses.
- Touch Ventures: Touch Ventures is a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups in Australia and Southeast Asia. Founded in 2017, the firm focuses on companies that are leveraging technology to create innovative solutions in areas such as fintech, healthtech, and edtech. Touch Ventures aims to provide more than just capital, offering support and guidance to help startups succeed.
- Woodson Capital Management: WOODSON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP Management is a New York-based investment firm that specialises in credit and event-driven opportunities. Founded in 2011, the firm’s investment strategies include distressed debt, special situations, and merger arbitrage. Woodson Capital Management aims to provide superior risk-adjusted returns for its investors.
- Avenir Growth Capital: Avenir Growth Capital is a private equity firm that invests in high-growth, healthcare technology companies. Based in Greenwich, Connecticut, the firm partners with companies that are leveraging technology to improve patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. Avenir Growth Capital aims to provide capital and operational expertise to help its portfolio companies achieve their full potential.
- Akuna Capital: Akuna Capital is a proprietary trading firm that specialises in options market making and quantitative trading. Founded in 2011, the firm has offices in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. Akuna Capital’s trading strategies use advanced technology and sophisticated algorithms to analyse and trade on global financial markets.
- Regal Funds Management: Regal Funds Management is a Sydney-based investment management firm that specialises in alternative investments. Founded in 2004, the firm’s investment strategies include long/short equity, event-driven, and credit. Regal Funds Management aims to provide superior returns to its investors while managing risk through a disciplined investment approach.
- Versatile Group: VERSATILE GROUP is a private investment firm that focuses on early-stage startups in Australia and Southeast Asia. Founded in 2010, the firm’s investment areas include technology, consumer products, and healthcare. Versatile Group aims to partner with entrepreneurs and management teams to help build successful and sustainable businesses.
Till Payments’ success can be attributed to several key insights that the founders had when they launched the company. Firstly, they recognized that traditional payment systems were often slow, costly, and cumbersome for businesses to use. They saw an opportunity to create a payment platform that was fast, secure, and affordable for businesses of all sizes.
Secondly, Till Payments’ founders saw the potential for mobile technology to transform the payments landscape. They realised that businesses and consumers were increasingly using mobile devices to make payments, and that there was a need for a payment platform that was optimised for mobile use.
Thirdly, Till Payments recognized the importance of collaboration and partnerships in the payments industry. They have formed strategic partnerships with banks, payment networks, and other fintech startups to create a robust ecosystem of payment solutions that can meet the needs of a wide range of businesses.
Finally, Till Payments’ success can be attributed to its customer-centric approach. The company has invested heavily in customer support and user experience, and is committed to providing a seamless and hassle-free payments experience for its customers.
These insights have enabled Till Payments to grow rapidly and establish itself as a leading player in the Australian payments industry. The company is now poised for further expansion, as it continues to innovate and develop new payment solutions for businesses across Australia and beyond.